Friday, May 8, 2015

My Secret Weapon for Gardening Success



The weather for the past couple of days has been incredibly beautiful! Each morning our yard has been filled with a chorus of singing birds and all of the spring perennials are blessing us with a rainbow of colors. The raspberry, blackberry, and blueberry bushes are starting to sprout their green leaves and offer a promise of the sweet juicy goodness they will bring this summer. As I shared in a post this past weekend, the herb garden is already starting to offer an enticing aroma. Monday evening we enjoyed dinner on our deck as gentle breezes were blowing, and we actually saw our first butterfly and hummingbird of the season as we dined. The beauty of spring was all around us, appealing to all of our senses and encouraging us to appreciate everything that this season has to offer!
Therefore, this seems like the perfect time to share one of my favorite gardening secrets.  Many years ago my dad, who happens to be a phenomenal gardener, introduced me to a product called Spray-N-Grow


Spray-N-Grow is not a fertilizer. It is an organic micro-nutrient complex that you use in addition to your regular fertilizer. I am not a chemist and I am not going to pretend to know how it works.What I can tell you is that I definitely see great results on all of my plants when I use it. It comes in a liquid concentrate form that you add to water and spray on your plants. The directions indicate that you should start using it as soon as your plants begin to leaf out and then apply it every 1-4 weeks throughout the growing season. They suggest using it weekly for maximum results.
We applied our first application this past weekend and if our past experiences hold true, we expect to see some great results again this year.



Stay tuned for more photos of our garden treasures as the season progresses.Have you ever tried  
Spray-N-Grow, and if so, did you see an improvement in your garden too? 
(This was NOT a paid endorsement. I am simply sharing my favorite secret garden weapon with you because sharing secrets is what friends do, and we all reap the benefits of a world filled with pretty,flowers, green plants and luscious fruits and vegetables.)



If you would like to do something else to celebrate spring and the gardening season, head over to Katherine's Corner
where Katherine and some of her blogger friends are offering the chance to enter a fun give away that includes $200 in Pay Pal Cash and some fun lady bug themed items. What a great way to usher in the warmer weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment