Friday, January 23, 2015

Wooden Basket painted with French Enamel Milk Paint

Happy Friday Everyone! I recently got to experiment with yet another one of the beautiful colors in the Miss Mustard Seed milk paint line. I had this old unfinished wooden basket for a long time. My mother-in-law had given it to us many years ago, and it sat in the basement as yet another one of those projects that I just never seemed to have time to address.
 Part of the problem was that I just didn't know what I wanted to do with it. Well now that I am enjoying my new found love of milk paint, this piece became something that I could use to try out another color on. I am having fun experimenting with, and comparing the various shades of blue in the line, so for this basket I decided to give French Enamel a try. As with every other color I have tried so far, this one did not disappoint. It is an absolutely beautiful shade. My original plan was to use the clear furniture wax on this piece, but after 3 coats of paint, I gave up on that plan, because painting between all of those thin slats proved to be more of a challenge than I had anticipated. I really didn't think I would be able to get the wax spread evenly in those spaces. So, I used a small thin foam brush to apply hemp oil as a finishing coat, and it worked like a charm. I'm still not sure where this basket will get used...maybe to store some extra towels in the bathroom. No matter where it ends up, I am thrilled to have been able to try another pretty color from this paint line.
 
 In addition to all of the original colors, this brand recently introduced six new European Colours  that will be available starting tomorrow. These colors will be available on a limited basis outside of Europe, but it looks like some of the Miss Mustard Seed on line retailers will be carrying them as well. Looks like I will be in search of more items to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment